Category: On Prem
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Illegal instruction (core dumped) mongod –fork –port 27017 –dbpath “$MONGO_DB_PATH”

Issue

I'm experiencing an issue with Appsmith's latest version v1.9.2+ as it only supports MongoDB v5. However, MongoDB v5 requires CPU AVX instructions which are causing me to receive an error. To resolve this, I have two options depending on my type of self-hosted deployment. For embedded MongoDB, I can migrate to a new server, start using a custom MongoDB, or downgrade my instance back to v1.8.15. For custom MongoDB, I can migrate my server to use MongoDB v5 on compliant hardware or downgrade my instance back to v1.8.15.

Resolution

Appsmith recently released a checkpoint version v1.9.2, which only supports MongoDB v5.0. However, MongoDB v5.0 has its limitations, as it requires CPU AVX instructions. This error can be resolved by either migrating your setup to a new server that can run mongo v5 or by using a custom MongoDB so that your Appsmith instance can stay on the same server but DB is migrated. Alternatively, you can downgrade your instance back to v1.8.15 and keep using it until you are ready to migrate as suggested in the previous option. If you are using your own mongo server to manage the data, you can either migrate your mongo server to use mongoDB v5 on a compliant hardware or downgrade your instance back to v1.8.15 and keep using it until you are ready to migrate as suggested in the previous option. It is essential to follow these solutions to ensure the smooth operation of your Appsmith instance.