Category: UI Widgets
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Query Params needs 3 handlebars?

Issue

I am having trouble understanding the proper syntax for putting query params into a button in the non-Javascript version of the input. The current documentation is not clear and I find it unintuitive to require three handlebars for a simple text input. I have suggested having separate inputs for key and value and allowing comma separation for multiple params. Additionally, there are issues with the documentation links leading to unrelated pages. I would like to file a documentation improvement request but am unable to do so.

Resolution

The issue is with the syntax required for adding query parameters to a button in the non-JS version of the input. It requires three handlebars, which is not intuitive for non-programmers. The solution is to wrap the query parameter in double handlebars, without the surrounding brackets, like so: {{“email”: “testtesttest”}}. This will allow proper parsing of the JSON object. The user suggests that it would be better to have separate inputs for keys and values and a more intuitive interface for non-programmers. The user has also pointed out some issues with the documentation and has been directed to file a documentation improvement request on GitHub.