Category: Data Source
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Stale driver for MySQL

Issue

I am unable to connect to TiDB Cloud Serverless Tier when using appsmith due to an SSL error. It seems like r2dbc-mysql, which appsmith is using, is no longer being maintained. I suggest switching to r2dbc-mariadb. I have filed a bug report and am hoping to resolve this issue so that I can successfully connect to TiDB.

Resolution

The issue reported is that the appsmith application is unable to connect to a TiDB Cloud Serverless Tier instance that requires SSL. This error appears to be caused by the r2dbc-mysql driver used by appsmith.

As a solution, it is recommended to switch to r2dbc-mariadb driver. This should resolve the problem of connecting to the TiDB Cloud Serverless Tier instance that requires SSL. The r2dbc-mariadb driver can be configured in the application's code to support SSL connections.

To resolve this issue, a bug report has been filed on the appsmith GitHub repository. This will allow the appsmith team to have a better understanding of the issue and take necessary actions to resolve it.