Category: UI Widgets
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

The width of container

Issue

I want to add layouts to my product gallery in Appsmith, but the current options don't allow me to specify the number of products per row. I would like to have containers aligned horizontally in a row inside a list for “two” gallery or “three”. However, I need to know the container's width in order to change it. Is there any way to have the width of a container?

Resolution

The feature request is for a grid widget that would allow users to easily create different layouts and make their applications responsive. The widget should allow for nesting multiple grids to create more complex layouts and the user should be able to set the number of sections inside each grid. The grids inside should inherit the parent height automatically for better alignment. The request also includes a link to an example of what this widget could potentially look like. Unfortunately, there is no immediate solution for the current question about container width within product galleries.