Category: Question and Answers
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

What are some of the best practices to speed up Appsmith Apps?

Issue

I've been using Appsmith for a while now and have noticed that some of my apps are slower than others. I'm looking for best practices or obvious mistakes to avoid to speed up my apps. Some suggestions include reducing the number of widgets on a page, reducing the amount of data fetched from backend datasources, and examining JS code on page load to identify any slow functions.

Resolution

To speed up your Appsmith app, there are a few best practices you can follow:

1. Reduce the number of widgets on a single page. Instead, divide the functionality of the app across multiple pages to avoid overloading.

2. Reduce the amount of data being fetched from backend data sources by implementing server-side pagination.

3. Examine the JavaScript (JS) code running on page load and identify any functions that take a long time to complete. Typical culprits include long-running for-loops and filtering functions. You can measure this by visiting the page in Edit mode and running the JSObject functions individually.

By following these guidelines, you can help ensure your Appsmith app runs faster and smoothly.