Category: Appsmith Support
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

400 error on OIDC redirect URL - self hosted Appsmith v 1.9.5

Issue

I recently upgraded to v1.9.5 of Appsmith and I am unable to login using OIDC integrated with Okta. I am getting a 400 Bad Request error message stating that the redirect_uri parameter must be a Login redirect URI in the client app settings. OIDC was working before the upgrade using APPSMITH_JAVA_ARGS: "-Dspring.security.oauth2.client.registration.oidc.redirect-uri=xxxxx in values.yaml, but it is not working now. I have shared server logs with the Appsmith team for further investigation.

Resolution

The user had upgraded to v1.9.5 and was experiencing issues logging in via OIDC (integrated with Okta) and was receiving a 400 Bad Request error with a message indicating that the ‘redirect_uri’ parameter must be a Login redirect URI in the client app settings. The user had been able to use OIDC before the upgrade, using APPSMITH_JAVA_ARGS: "-Dspring.security.oauth2.client.registration.oidc.redirect-uri=xxxxx in values.yaml.

To resolve the issue, the user was asked to share the server logs with the Appsmith support team by running docker logs -f appsmith > logs.txt and sharing the results. After reviewing the logs, the support team was able to assist the user in resolving the issue and the user confirmed that the issue was resolved. No further details were provided on the exact resolution steps taken.