Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Adding Custom Authentication to Applications

Issue

I need to protect my APIs with authentication, but I want to implement custom authentication using APIs. I also need to securely store and access tokens within Appsmith local storage to make API calls. I'm looking for guidance on how to set this up efficiently and effectively.

Resolution

Appsmith provides a solution for accessing secure APIs that require authentication by implementing custom authentication through APIs. This allows developers to securely access protected APIs while storing authentication tokens within Appsmith's local storage.

To get started, developers can refer to the guide on how to implement custom authentication on Appsmith and follow the steps provided. Additionally, Appsmith also offers social authentication with Xano for accessing internal applications without writing any code.

Overall, Appsmith's solution makes it easier for developers to access secure APIs and implement authentication, while also providing the necessary security measures to protect sensitive data.