Category: On Prem
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Appsmith Crash (max CPU) and wont start

Issue

I'm having issues with Appsmith and MongoDB on my Docker container. While editing a JS function, I started getting errors about function names and circular loops. The CPU maxed out and after restarting the container, it won't successfully boot and shows a "Retry" message. The container logs suggest a problem with MongoDB's connection and I need help troubleshooting.

Resolution

The user is running Appsmith 1.7.0 with Docker on Windows and is developing a complex page. However, they started encountering errors while editing a JavaScript function and Appsmith was maxing out the CPU. The user then restarted the container but it wouldn't boot successfully, and the logs showed issues with MongoDB.

To solve this problem, the user should check the log file at stacks/data/mongodb/log as recommended by the support team. This log file should have clues about the issue with starting MongoDB. Once the issue with MongoDB is resolved, the user can try restarting the Appsmith container to see if it boots up successfully. If not, they may need to seek further assistance from the support team.