Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Appsmith local setup: Mounts denied

Issue

I am having trouble running Appsmith on macOS Monterey with Docker. After running the command "docker-compose up -d," Docker desktop shows a black screen and I am unable to access Appsmith locally. I also received an error message stating that the path "/Users/meetjoshi/Desktop/meetj/appsmith/stacks" is not shared from the host and is not known to Docker. Although I tried multiple solutions, including restarting my computer, I am still encountering issues. Could this be a problem with Docker and macOS Monterey compatibility?

Resolution

It seems that the issue with the black screen and the error message regarding mounts denied is a problem with Docker itself and not Appsmith. It may be worth considering upgrading to the latest version of macOS to see if this resolves the issue.

In the meantime, you can try configuring the shared paths in Docker preferences as suggested in the error message. To do so, go to Docker -> Preferences -> Resources -> File Sharing and add the path /Users/meetjoshi/Desktop/meetj/appsmith/stacks to the list of shared paths.

If upgrading the OS and configuring shared paths do not solve the issue, you may need to investigate further to determine the root cause of the problem. It is also possible that there may be an issue with the Docker image for Appsmith itself, so you may want to reach out to the Appsmith community or support team for assistance.