Category: Question and Answers
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Cannot update Docker single image past v1.8.15

Issue

I tried to upgrade my docker instance of community-ce:v1.7.8 to the latest version but it failed multiple times when trying to upgrade to version 1.9 or above. Even after successfully upgrading to v1.8.15, I encountered a timeout error while connecting to MongoDB and discovered that my CPU does not support MongoDB 5, leaving me stuck on v1.8.15.

Resolution

The solution to upgrade to MongoDB 5.x on machines that do not support it is to compile it from source code. This can be done by following the steps outlined in the MongoDB documentation for building from source.

Once you have built MongoDB 5.x, you can replace the existing MongoDB installation used by Appsmith with the new version. This can be done by updating the MongoDB configuration in the Appsmith instance to point to the new installation location and restarting the Appsmith server.

It is important to note that this solution requires knowledge of compiling from source and working with system configurations, so it may not be suitable for all users. It is also recommended to test the new installation extensively before using it in a production environment.