Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Connect to appsmith mongodb from remote client

Issue

I am trying to connect to the MongoDB in Appsmith from a remote client, but the port mapping does not seem to be working. I have tried using the IP address of the docker host but still cannot connect. It seems that the MongoDB is bound to localhost, which prevents remote connections. I am considering removing the IP binding, but I am concerned about potential security issues. Additionally, I am unable to delete or ban users from logging in, and this feature is not yet available in Appsmith.

Resolution

The user had deployed Appsmith with embedded/internal MongoDB on a CentOS 7 Linux machine using Docker. They wanted to connect to the internal MongoDB from a remote client, but were unable to do so due to IP binding to the localhost. To remove ip-binding and expose the internal MongoDB, they had to open a bash shell to the Appsmith container, edit "/opt/appsmith/templates/supervisord/mongodb.conf" and remove "--bind_ip localhost" option from the mongod command, and then restart the container. However, the user also wanted to delete or block a user from logging in, but this feature is not yet possible in Appsmith and is a part of their feature request roadmap.