Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Connect to Supabase properly

Issue

I am encountering a problem with my Appsmith app connected to a PostgreSQL database hosted on Supabase. Even though Appsmith is supposed to pool only 5 connections, my database keeps overflowing with connections, sometimes hitting my connection limit by the end of the day. I suspect that Appsmith is not closing the first 5 connections after a period of inactivity, and I have already opened a bug report on their GitHub page.

Resolution

The user reported a bug where Appsmith was not pooling connections correctly when connecting to a PostgreSQL database hosted on Supabase. Despite having a connection limit of 5, the user noticed that after periods of inactivity, Appsmith was establishing 5 more connections without closing the first 5 connections, causing the database to overflow with connections.

The user disabled Supabase's connection pooler to see if it was causing the issue, but it persisted. After opening a bug report on GitHub, the Appsmith team acknowledged the issue and is working on a solution.

Meanwhile, the user suggested routing Appsmith's connection through Supabase's in-house connection pooler to manage the connections until the issue is resolved. The user also shared their workspace with the Appsmith support team to help investigate the problem further.