Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Connecting AppSmith to an encrypted/TLS enabled external MongoDB instance

Issue

I am trying to connect my self-hosted AppSmith instance to an external MongoDB instance that requires TLS and encryption. I have the necessary certificate and key files, and have configured the mongod.conf file and URI connection string to use them. However, AppSmith times out when trying to connect to MongoDB and never provides the certificate. I have searched for solutions, but have not found a definitive answer. I need help configuring the AppSmith .env file to properly provide the certificate and key files for authentication to MongoDB.

Resolution

Unfortunately, it seems that AppSmith currently does not support SSL connections to MongoDB when using the tlsCertificateKeyFile parameter. Therefore, a workaround or alternative solution must be found. It is suggested to track the feature issue created by AppSmith to see if and when support for SSL connections to MongoDB will be added.