Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Container set to Auto Height still has scrollbar?

Issue

I am experiencing an issue with a container set to auto height that displays a scrollbar in preview and deployed mode, despite all widgets fitting within the container. Adjusting the widgets does not resolve the issue, and it appears both in the editor and preview. Appsmith support determined that this is a bug caused by setting the border width of the form, which is not considered in the calculation of auto height. They are working on a fix, and I can track the bug on their GitHub page.

Resolution

The user reported an issue where a container set to auto height was displaying a scrollbar in both edit and preview modes, despite all of the widgets within the container fitting properly. The Appsmith support team investigated and identified that the issue was caused by the border width of the form not being considered in the calculation of auto height. They confirmed that this was a bug and are working on fixing it. The user was provided with a link to track the progress of the bug and was apologized to for any inconvenience caused. No code examples were necessary for this solution.