Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Email with international characters

Issue

I am having trouble sending emails with international characters using my SMTP datasource. The subject is fine, but the body appears as strange characters or squares with question marks. I have tried using both a regular input widget and a RichText-widget with no success.

Resolution

The user is facing an issue with international characters in the body of emails sent through a SMTP-datasource in Sweden which uses characters like åäö ÅÄÖ. The subject line of the email is correct but the body appears as Cyrillic letters or squares with question marks.

To resolve the issue, the user has tried using both a normal input widget and a RichText-widget for the body of the email but faced the same result. It is unclear if the issue is with the widget or the SMTP plugin.

No solution has been provided yet, but the issue has been raised to the Appsmith community for further assistance.