Category: Appsmith Cloud
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Execution Failed With Status 5000

Issue

I am getting an execution failed error with status 5000 when I hit submit on a form with an onClick event while following an Appsmith+Airtable tutorial. The data is not being added to Airtable, even though it receives the event. Hardcoded data works fine, but when I add {{Input1.text}} it doesn't work. Someone suggested adding quotes around the binding, which I will try.

Resolution

The user was receiving an error message (Execution failed with status 5000) after hitting submit on a form with an onClick event while following an Appsmith+Airtable tutorial. They were able to successfully add data to Airtable when hardcoding, but when using {{Input1.text}}, Airtable received the event but not the data.

The solution was to add double quotes around the binding, i.e. "name" : "{{Input1.text}}". This enabled the data to be properly transmitted to Airtable and added to the appropriate row.

No additional code examples were necessary.