Category: Appsmith Support
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

FilePicker file preview

Issue

I am wondering if there is a way to preview files that I upload in Filepicker. I'm hoping to be able to see a preview of the file before I fully upload it.

Resolution

The suggested solution to preview files uploaded through Filepicker involves checking the file extension and using either the Document Viewer or Image widget. If the uploaded file is an image, it can be opened with the Image widget, while other file types can be opened with the Document Viewer.

This solution requires some coding in order to implement properly. First, the file extension will need to be checked by using a conditional statement. If the uploaded file is an image, it can be opened with the Image widget by calling the appropriate function or API. If it is not an image, it can be opened with the Document Viewer in the same way.

Overall, this solution allows for a more dynamic and efficient way to preview uploaded files in Filepicker, based on their specific file type.