Category: Question and Answers
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Generic HTML-Widget

Issue

As I was trying to build a dynamic menu in Appsmith, I struggled to find the right widget to use. I tried a button group, a table with a single column, and a list, but each had their own issues. I wanted a generic HTML widget to solve this problem. However, after some exploration, I found that adjusting the item spacing of the list worked for me.

Resolution

The user was trying to build a dynamic menu in the form of a vertical list using the existing widgets in Appsmith, but was facing issues with all the options explored- button group, table with one column, and list. Even after adjusting them, there were still some problems that couldn't be solved easily. The user initially thought of having a generic HTML widget, which would solve the problem, but it went against Appsmith's philosophy.

However, later the user found a solution to the problem. They discovered that the issue was with the item spacing of the list. By setting it to 0, the problem was solved, and the menu worked perfectly. There was no need for a new widget or complex HTML coding.

In conclusion, by adjusting the item spacing of the list, the user was able to build a dynamic menu that fit their requirements without the need for a new widget or complex code.