Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

How can I read HttpOnly session cookies from my browser while making an API call

Issue

I am trying to call APIs from a separate application which runs under the same domain as appsmith. These APIs require session-based information to validate the request. I need to pick the cookies from my browser and send them as a part of all the HTTP requests. However, this feature is not currently available in appsmith, and I have requested it to be added to their roadmap.

Resolution

Unfortunately, it seems that obtaining cookies from a browser and including them in API calls is not currently supported by AppSmith. However, there are feature requests and bug reports on GitHub for this functionality, which you can upvote and add your use case to in order to help prioritize it.

In the meantime, you may want to consider alternative solutions such as implementing a login mechanism in AppSmith or using a common SSO provider to share login information across the two applications.