Category: Data Source
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

How to connect MongoDB Version 2.4.14?

Issue

I am unable to connect to my MongoDB Version 2.4.14 and I received an error message saying that the wire version is too old for the driver. It requires at least version 6 (MongoDB 3.6) which is not supported in my version. Upgrading to the latest version is the only solution.

Resolution

To resolve the issue of being unable to connect to MongoDB Version 2.4.14, there is only one solution, and that is to update the database to the latest version. The error message indicates that the driver version requires at least 6, whereas the current database has wire version 2. This means that the driver is not compatible with the obsolete MongoDB version.

To update the database to the latest version, follow these steps:

1. Install MongoDB 4.x or later on your server. The specific installation process may vary depending on your operating system, but there are plenty of resources available online to guide you.

2. Once installed, start the MongoDB service and ensure that it's running without any issues.

3. Update the connection details in Appsmith to point to the new MongoDB server and port that you installed in step 1.

4. Test the connection by creating a simple query in Appsmith, such as selecting all documents from a collection.

5. If the query runs successfully, then you have successfully upgraded your MongoDB server and connected to it using Appsmith.

It is imperative to note that before making any updates, please take a backup of your database, as upgrading can sometimes cause data loss. Additionally, it's important to ensure that you test your application thoroughly after making upgrades or changes to your database.