Category: Integrations
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

How to connect to AWS Code Commit using GIT integration?

Issue

As I tried to connect Appsmith to our CodeCommit repository, I ran into an issue where CodeCommit requires OpenSSH format key (SSH-2 RSA), but my key was ecdsa-sha2-nistp256. I regenerated the key and added it, but still couldn't connect. I followed the troubleshooting steps in the AWS docs, but the issue persists. The server logs show an authentication failure. Appsmith support informed us that they do not support AWS Code Commit, as it does not support deploy keys. We switched to a different repository provider.

Resolution

The client was trying to connect Appsmith to their CodeCommit repository but was unable to due to CodeCommit requiring an OpenSSH format key (SSH-2 RSA), while the key provided was ecdsa-sha2-nistp256. They were able to fix this issue by regenerating the key in the correct format and adding it to the IAM user with CodeCommit privileges.

However, they encountered a new issue where Appsmith was unable to connect to the repository even after the key was configured correctly. They followed the troubleshooting steps provided by AWS CodeCommit but were still unable to resolve the issue.

Upon further investigation, the Appsmith team found that they do not currently support AWS CodeCommit due to CodeCommit not supporting deploy keys. As a solution, the client used another repository provider.