Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

How to create a new(second) app in different workspace but using same git repo?

Issue

I tried to integrate two Appsmith apps, one in an existing repo and the other in a new workspace. However, I received a Git configuration error stating that the remote repository is not empty. I wondered if it is necessary to maintain a separate repo for each app and on what criteria a repo can be shared between applications. The community informed me that currently, each app needs to be stored in a separate git repo.

Resolution

The solution provided is that each Appsmith app needs to be stored in a separate Git repository. When trying to integrate an existing repository from one app to another, an error message was received stating that the remote repository was not empty. To resolve this error, a new empty repository needs to be created and SSH keys should be configured.

It is not necessary to maintain a separate repository for every single app, but in Appsmith it is recommended to do so. Repository sharing between two applications is not possible at this point in time.