Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

How to create vertical scroll in list widget?

Issue

I'm trying to replicate LinkedIn's chat page in Appsmith, with a list of people on the left and the chat conversation on the right. However, I can't seem to implement a vertical scroll for the chat dialog. Appsmith currently does not have a server-side infinite scrolling feature for List widgets. I've added a feature request on their GitHub and hope it will be prioritized soon.

Resolution

The user was looking to build a chat page like LinkedIn with a list of persons on the left and a dialogue box on the right. They were trying to implement vertical scrolling in Appsmith but couldn't find a way to do it.

The Appsmith representative informed them that server-side infinite scrolling for List widgets is not yet available, but it is a requested feature. They provided a link to the GitHub feature request and asked the user to add a comment with their use case to help prioritize it.

No code examples were necessary for this inquiry.