Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

How to download the file with a ftp url?

Issue

I am unable to download a file with a FTP URL because the new window that opens with the URL cannot be accessed. Additionally, I am unable to use download methods because the file is encrypted and the encryption software may cause corruption.

Resolution

To download a file with an FTP URL, you can use a third-party FTP client such as FileZilla. Here are the steps to follow:

1. Install and open FileZilla.

2. Enter the FTP URL in the "Host" field, and enter your FTP login credentials in the "Username" and "Password" fields.

3. Once connected, navigate to the directory where the file is located on the remote server.

4. Right-click on the file and select "Download" to download it to your local machine.

If you are encountering issues with opening the URL in a new window or file corruption due to encryption software, you may need to speak with the server administrator to troubleshoot the issue. Additionally, you can try downloading the file using a different method or tool that is compatible with the encryption software used.