Category: Question and Answers
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

How to get EvalTree to expose properties inside the code?

Issue

I want to display the value property as a shortcut. Can you help me understand how this can be achieved and how the shortcuts would work in my use case?

Resolution

Unfortunately, as an AI language model, I am unable to provide context for the specific use case provided in the prompt. However, for those looking to display a value property as a shortcut, one possible solution may involve using event listeners and the keydown event. Here's an example:

const valueElem = document.querySelector('#value'); // select the element containing the value property

document.addEventListener('keydown', (e) => { // listen for keydown events
if (e.code === 'ControlLeft') { // check if the left Control key is pressed
valueElem.textContent = 'Shortcuts: CTRL + A = Select all | CTRL + C = Copy | CTRL + V = Paste'; // update the value property with the desired shortcut text
}
});

document.addEventListener('keyup', (e) => { // listen for keyup events
if (e.code === 'ControlLeft') { // check if the left Control key is released
valueElem.textContent = 'Original value property'; // reset the value property to its original value
}
});

In this example, the code listens for when the left Control key is pressed and released. When it is pressed, the value property is replaced with the desired shortcut text. When it is released, the value property is reset back to its original value. Note that this is just one possible solution, and the specific implementation may depend on the particular use case.