Category: On Prem
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

How to set table cell transparent?

Issue

I am trying to set a transparent background color for a table cell to show a watermark image as the background, but it does not seem to be working. I would like to either add an image background to the table or decrease the opacity of the table to make it more legible/readable. Can someone help me with this issue?

Resolution

Currently, it is not possible to add an image background to a Notion table with transparent cells. However, the user can choose to decrease the opacity of the table to achieve a similar effect. The Notion team has been informed of this request for a feature to add an image background to tables.

To decrease the opacity of a table, the user can add a CSS code block and enter the following code:

.notion-table {
opacity: 0.8;
}

This will decrease the opacity of the table to 80%. The user can adjust the number to their desired opacity level.

It is important to note that this solution applies to the entire table, not just the background. Therefore, the user should ensure that the UI remains legible and readable.