Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

How to share the same views accross shared users

Issue

I created a dashboard using Airtable data and shared it with a collaborator who is a dummy user. However, the collaborator sees a blank dashboard and doesn't know how to configure the Airtable view. I'm wondering if there's a way to let the user see the information without needing to set up the configuration every time. I'm attaching screenshots for reference.

Resolution

The issue described in the scenario is that a collaborator is seeing blank information on a dashboard that is populated with data from Airtable. The suggestion is to check the access role given to the user on the app. However, there may be another solution to this problem.

One possible solution is to check if the Airtable account and table are shared with the collaborator. The collaborator must have access to the Airtable account and table that is being used in the dashboard. If the collaborator does not have access, they will not be able to see any information on the dashboard.

Another solution is to check if the dashboard is published and shared with the collaborator. If the dashboard is not published or shared with the collaborator, they will not be able to see any information on the dashboard. The publisher can share the link or embed code with the collaborator so they can view the dashboard.

Additionally, the publisher can check if the Airtable API key is still valid and configured correctly in the dashboard. If the API key is incorrect or expired, the dashboard will not be able to populate the data from Airtable.

Overall, to ensure that a collaborator can see the information on a dashboard populated with data from Airtable, the publisher must ensure that the collaborator has access to the Airtable account and table, the dashboard is published and shared with the collaborator, and the Airtable API key is valid and configured correctly in the dashboard.