Category: Installation
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Issue with Docker – Mount Location

Issue

I installed Appsmith Community Edition via docker and encountered an issue where my apps disappeared after an update and a login error. I had mounted the ./stacks folder to /containers/appsmith/persistent in my docker-compose.yml file, but the persistent folder remained empty. I am curious about how to prevent future instances of this problem.

Resolution

The issue reported by Hatch was that their Appsmith apps disappeared after logging out and logging back in. The Docker container for Appsmith was configured to mount a host folder as the persistent data storage location for Appsmith. To resolve the issue, the support team recommended updating the Docker configuration to correctly map the host folder to the container folder where Appsmith looks for persistent data.

The solution involved changing the "volumes" section of the Docker configuration to the following:

volumes:
- ./containers/appsmith/persistent:/appsmith-stacks

This maps the "./containers/appsmith/persistent" folder on the host machine to the "/appsmith-stacks" folder inside the Docker container. This ensures that Appsmith can find the persistent data it needs even after container restarts.

The root cause of the issue was that Appsmith was looking for persistent data in a different folder than the one that was being mounted as a volume by the Docker container. Once the mapping was updated, Appsmith was able to correctly store and retrieve the persistent data, and Hatch was able to avoid losing their apps in the future.