Category: Installation
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Kubernetes install w/o Helm

Issue

I asked if I could get a plain YAML file to install a certain tool to our Kubernetes cluster since we don't use Helm. Unfortunately, the only supported method of installation for now is via Helm Charts.

Resolution

Unfortunately, it seems that the only supported method of installing on Kubernetes is through Helm Charts. Therefore, you will need to use Helm to install to your Kubernetes cluster.

To get started, make sure you have Helm installed on your system. You can do this by following the instructions on the Helm website.

Once you have Helm installed, you can use the following command to install the chart:

helm install stable/chart-name

Replace "chart-name" with the name of the chart you want to install. You can find the list of available charts on the Helm website.

If you need to customize the installation, you can create a values.yaml file and pass it to the command:

helm install -f values.yaml stable/chart-name

In the values.yaml file, you can specify things like the number of replicas, the Docker image to use, and any other configuration options.

I hope this helps you get started with installing on Kubernetes using Helm!