Category: UI Widgets
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Language other than english

Issue

I am wondering if it is possible to display widget labels in a different language in Appsmith. However, I found out that while I can manually type in another language for widget labels, the automatic translation feature is not yet available. Additionally, there is a bug related to converting day labels, month names, and other similar labels to another language using the Moment.js library in Appsmith. The team is currently working on fixing this issue.

Resolution

The user asked if it is possible to display the labels in widgets like date picker or table filter panel in another language. The answer is yes, the user can manually type in another language for widget labels. However, automatic translations from English to other languages are not yet available. The user also asked about the possibility of displaying day labels, month names, and today/yesterday labels in another language. This is ideally possible with the Moment.js library, but currently, there is a bug related to locale conversions, and this feature is not working. The Appsmith team is aware of the issue and is working to fix it.