Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

On first login, display preconfigured sample apps

Issue

I am trying to configure Docker to display a selection of sample apps with data sources for new users logging in for the first time without a share or invite. I am unsure how to do this, as sharing is easy for existing users but not for new ones. Can this be stored as default configuration in an external database for Docker to fetch?

Resolution

The solution proposed by the commenter is to invite new users to the platform and allow them to create a new account. This can be done by enabling signups within the Appsmith instance configuration. Once the new user creates an account, they will be able to access the platform and view a selection of sample apps with data sources.

It is also possible to store the default configuration in an external database that can be accessed by the Docker instance. This would allow for easy retrieval of the default configuration settings for all new users.

No code examples are necessary for this proposed solution.