Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Progress bar representing data loading from database

Issue

As an user, I want to add a progress bar to show the status of data loading from database. However, it's not possible for me to do so as the query doesn't offer any status. The closest solution is to have a progress bar updating randomly until the query returns.

Resolution

Unfortunately, it is not possible to add a progress bar showing the progress of data loading from a database related to a query, as the query does not provide any kind of status. However, you can simulate one by having a progress bar that updates by random percentages until the query returns.

Here is an example of how you could create a progress bar using JavaScript and jQuery:

1. First, create an HTML element to display the progress bar:

<div id="progressbar"></div>

1. Add the necessary CSS to style the progress bar:

#progressbar {
width: 100%;
height: 20px;
background-color: #ddd;
border-radius: 10px;
}

#progressbar .progress {
width: 0%;
height: 100%;
background-color: #4CAF50;
border-radius: 10px;
}

1. Use JavaScript and jQuery to update the progress bar:

// Set up a timer to update the progress bar
var progressInterval = setInterval(function() {
// Generate a random percentage
var newProgress = Math.floor(Math.random() * 100);

// Update the progress bar
$("#progressbar .progress").width(newProgress + "%");

// If the query has completed, stop the timer and show 100% progress
if (queryComplete) {
clearInterval(progressInterval);
$("#progressbar .progress").width("100%");
}
}, 1000); // Update the progress bar every second

This code will update the progress bar with a random percentage every second until the queryComplete variable is set to true. Once the query is complete, the progress bar will show 100% progress. Note that you will need to modify this code to work with your specific query and database.