Category: On Prem
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Reset password, new member registers all email not receiving

Issue

I have installed a self-hosted appsmith on ubuntu 20.04 Docker compose, and although my email SMTP configuration is successful, I am facing issues with not receiving password reset links and welcome emails for new member registrations. I need assistance in resolving these email-related problems.

Resolution

The user has installed a self-hosted appsmith on Ubuntu 20.04 using Docker compose and has successfully configured SMTP for sending emails. However, they are facing issues with not receiving password reset links and welcome emails for new members.

To resolve this issue, the user should check the email configuration and make sure that the SMTP settings are correct. They can also check the server logs by running the command "docker logs -f appsmith" to identify any errors related to email sending.

If the SMTP configuration and server logs look fine, the user can try using a different email service provider or SMTP server. They can also check if there are any firewall rules or network issues that might be blocking emails from getting delivered.

Additionally, the user can check the code and settings related to generating password reset links and sending welcome emails to new members. They can refer to the documentation or seek help from the Appsmith community to troubleshoot these issues.