Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Rollback to an older version

Issue

I want to rollback to version 1.7.8 of Appsmith because I prefer to work with it instead of the newer version. Is there a way to do this without using Git? Another reason I want to rollback is to test if my current issue is caused by an update or something else external, specifically database corruption. I am currently on community v1.9.4 and want to go back to at least v1.9.3.1 because the issue started around the time of the auto-update. The issue I am facing is the "Secondary stale connection error" when using MySQL databases, and restarting the machine or containers fixes it but it is inconvenient.

Resolution

To rollback to a previous version of Appsmith, you can use the Appsmith-Version-Manager (AVM) repository on GitHub. This allows you to create backups of your Docker container and travel back to past versions of Appsmith or move to future versions. After creating a backup, follow the instructions in the AVM README file to change to the desired version of the platform. The AVM repository provides detailed steps and code examples on how to use the tool for rollback and backup purposes. If you have any further questions, you can reach out to the Appsmith team for assistance.