Category: Question and Answers
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Snowflake connection does not work anymore

Issue

I am experiencing an issue with my snowflake database. I have been able to access it for weeks, but today I am receiving the error message "JDBC driver internal error: exception creating result java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class net.snowflake.client.jdbc.internal.apache.arrow.memory.RootAllocator at net.snowflake.client.jdbc.SnowflakeResultSetSerializableV1.create(SnowflakeResultSetSerializableV1.java:577)." I am unsure how to resolve this issue and am seeking assistance.

Resolution

The user is facing an error with the Snowflake database regarding a JDBC driver internal error while trying to create a result. The error states that it was not able to initialize the class net.snowflake.client.jdbc.internal.apache.arrow.memory.RootAllocator. This issue can be resolved by updating to the latest version of Snowflake which is expected to fix this problem. The user can follow the updates in the provided link to get the fix as soon as possible.