Category: Appsmith Support
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

SSL issue on docker

Issue

I have spent two days trying to install Appsmith SSL on a different port, as my Digital Ocean droplet already has ports 80 and 443 occupied. Despite trying various solutions, I have not been able to resolve the issue and am seeking help from others.

Resolution

The user is attempting to install Appsmith SSL on a Digital Ocean droplet that already has ports 80 and 443 occupied. They have tried multiple solutions, but are still encountering issues. They are seeking help to resolve this problem.

To install Appsmith SSL on a different port, the user can follow these steps:

1. In the Appsmith Docker Compose file, change the nginx port from 80 to a different port (e.g. 8080).

2. Restart the Docker Compose file using docker-compose down and docker-compose up -d.

3. Modify the Digital Ocean firewall settings to allow incoming traffic on the new port.

4. Obtain a SSL certificate and key for the new port.

5. Update the nginx configuration file to point to the SSL certificate and key for the new port.

6. Restart the nginx service using sudo service nginx restart.

If the user encounters any issues during these steps, they can consult the Appsmith documentation or seek further help from the community.