Category: Question and Answers
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Testing Navigate To param passing in “edit” mode

Issue

I am having trouble passing parameters using the optional params feature of the navigateTo function in edit mode of my Appsmith app. While it works on the deployed app, I can only see {“branch”:“main”} in appsmith.URL.queryParams on the new page. Also, passing 0 as a parameter value does not work. After discussing with Pranav, we identified it as a bug and it has now been fixed in version 1.8.11.

Resolution

The user was having trouble passing parameters using the optional params feature of the navigateTo function while editing their deployed app. In edit mode, appsmith.URL.queryParams returned only {"branch":"main"} on the new page, instead of the expected params value. The user also noticed that passing 0 (zero) as a parameter value did not work.

Upon investigating, the Appsmith team identified a bug with the navigateTo function failing to set queryParams if the app was connected to git. The bug has been fixed in version 1.8.11, and the user is advised to upgrade to this version.