Category: Appsmith Support
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Unable to set values to empty fields & wrong column getting updated

Issue

I am having issues when updating the Status column in a Google sheet using a menu button. I can only change values in cells with existing data and cannot set any values to rows where the Status column is blank. Also, when updating the status on an existing cell, it only changes the first row’s status displayed in the table widget and not the correct row I selected. I sometimes get an "Execution failed with status 5005: Unable to parse row index" error. I need help resolving these issues.

Resolution

The issue with updating a column (Status) in a Google sheet through a Menu Button was that the code was only able to change the values in cells with existing data. It could not set any status value for rows where the Status column was blank/empty. Additionally, when updating a status on an existing cell, it was only changing the first row's status displayed in the table widget, and not the correct row that was selected to update. This issue was fixed by using triggeredRow instead of selectedRow. Finally, an "Execution failed with status 5005: Unable to parse row index" error was randomly occurring, but it is unclear if this issue has been resolved.