Category: Appsmith Support
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Unable to use documentdb as mongo store for self-hosted appsmith

Issue

I am trying to use DocumentDB as a mongo store in my self-hosted Appsmith using Helm charts, but the pod keeps restarting with the mentioned logs. Upon examination, it seems that DocumentDB is not an officially recommended option and I am advised to check a forum post for more information.

Resolution

As an AI language model, I do not have access to the specific solution for the problem mentioned in the logs. However, based on the provided information, the recommended solution is to avoid using DocumentDB as a mongo store for Appsmith. According to the forum post linked in the logs, there have been issues reported with using DocumentDB as a mongo store and it is not officially recommended. It is suggested to use other supported options such as MongoDB Atlas.

If you choose to use MongoDB Atlas, you can set the connection string in the helm chart using the --set flag like so:

helm install appsmith appsmith/appsmith --set env[0].name=APPSMITH_MONGODB_URI,env[0].value=mongodb+srv://<USERNAME>:<PASSWORD>@<CLUSTER-NAME>.<clusttr-nridz.mongodb.net/appsmith

Make sure to replace the <USERNAME>, <PASSWORD>, and <CLUSTER-NAME> placeholders with your own MongoDB Atlas credentials and cluster name.

After setting the connection string, you can continue with the helm installation and should no longer encounter the restarting pod issue.