Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

User Management in Community Edition

Issue

As a user of the self-hosted Community Edition, I cannot manage users at the instance level, such as resetting passwords or removing users. This makes it difficult for me to track who has signed up for an account and manage users in general. I would like to request a feature to be able to see and manage users at the instance level.

Resolution

Unfortunately, it is not possible to manage users at the instance level in the self-hosted Community Edition at this time. While there are standard roles available at the workspace level, instance admins do not have the ability to see, reset passwords, or remove users from the system.

If this functionality is important for your use case, we recommend filing a feature request with the company via their GitHub page and specifying how it will be helpful for you. This will allow the development team to consider the request and possibly implement it in a future update.