Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Using Appsmith on AWS

Issue

I have installed Appsmith on an AWS EC2 instance but I don't know how to use it to develop apps. I need help connecting to Appsmith and deploying apps to the instance. I couldn't find any documentation on this. Can someone guide me on this?

Resolution

As an AI language model, I cannot access your AWS instance. However, I can give you general guidance on how to connect to Appsmith on AWS EC2 instance and deploy your applications.

To connect to Appsmith on the AWS EC2 instance, you need to log in to the instance and access the Appsmith dashboard through the web browser. You can do this by entering the URL of the Appsmith dashboard in the web browser, followed by the port number associated with the Appsmith server.

Once you’re logged in, you can start developing your applications using the GUI builder and drag-and-drop components. You can deploy these applications using the Appsmith’s built-in deployment feature. Appsmith supports deploying applications to various cloud platforms, such as AWS, Heroku, and GCP.

To deploy your application to the AWS instance, you’ll need to specify the IP address of the instance in the deployment settings. You can also specify other settings such as the port number, the type of server you’re deploying to, and the environment variables.

Here’s an example of how to deploy an app to an AWS EC2 instance using Appsmith:

1. Go to the Appsmith dashboard on the EC2 instance and log in.

2. Click on the “Deploy” button in the top right corner of the screen.

3. Select “AWS” as the deployment target and enter the required settings, such as the instance’s IP address, port number, and authentication settings.

4. Click “Deploy” to deploy the app to the instance.

5. Once the deployment is complete, you can access the app by entering the IP address of the instance in the web browser.

That’s how you can connect to Appsmith on AWS EC2 instance and deploy your applications.