Category: How do I do X?
Updated

This solution is summarized from an archived support forum post. This information may have changed. If you notice an error, please let us know in Discord.

Way to generate good looking pdf from table result?

Issue

I need to generate a good looking PDF from table results for my inventory system in order to send a purchase order to a supplier. What are my alternatives?

Resolution

The solution for generating a good-looking PDF from a table result for an inventory system that needs to generate a purchase order in PDF to send to a supplier is multiple. One option is using a third-party API like PDFShift or DocRaptor. Another option is using a JavaScript library such as jsPDF or the upcoming custom JS libraries feature on AppSmith to generate the document.

An alternative solution is to use an iframe with a print button, which lets the user print to PDF. Soon, AppSmith will release a template for this exact use case once the JS library feature launches. Until then, using third-party APIs or JavaScript libraries are the best approach.

Overall, there are multiple options available to generate a good-looking PDF from a table result, depending on the specific needs and technical requirements of the project.