I am unable to send a CSV file of more than 1000 rows through a Rest API in Appsmith. The submit button keeps loading but the request data doesn't reach the API. I need help with this issue.
Based on the information provided, it seems that the issue may be related to the size of the CSV file being transmitted. The app is not able to send the data to the API when the file is large. There are a few potential issues:
- The file upload widget has a max size of 100Mb. There are potential workarounds for this limitation that require changing the config of your self-hosted instance. This is not supported, but for more information, see this issue.
- There may be an issue with your receiving API, or with the timeout caused by a large upload. Waiting until the file is uploaded may help.
If this happens to you, there may be some things you can try:
- Reduce the size of the CSV file, and upload in multiple pieces.
- Upload the CSV to a table, and then use that data to submit to the API (all at once, or in batches)
- Upload the file to S3 in a first step, and then trigger the API with the uploaded file.
- Create a custom upload tool with an iframe, which may be able to better connect to your API